Rev. Hicks founded Start Right Ministries Inc. in 2000, a ministry designed to reach the youth of the 21st century with the life-saving message of Jesus Christ. In 2002, Start Right Ministries grew to include pre-marital counseling because all marriages need to have a right start.
Rev. Hicks joined the Cleveland Heights Police Department in Dec. 2001. where he was appointed as Chaplin. Like Chaplin, he teaches a tolerance and diversity seminar at the Police Academy and is available for spiritual guidance and counseling.
Fill out the form to receive an email with information pertaining to your need!
START RIGHT - CREDO
There is death and life in the power of the tongue
I will use my tongue to speak life and not death
I will use my tongue to Bless and not to Curse
I will use my tongue to Create and not to Destroy
I will use my tongue to Encourage and not to Criticize
I will use Gods Words as my words and…
Connect with us in Cleveland Heights, Ohio
It is in the midst of Cleveland Heights’ thriving diverse community of social service organizations, educational and cultural, our goal at Start Right will be to meet the spiritual and physical needs of individuals in our community and point them to Jesus Christ
Start Right is a unique church, both in its organization and its dynamic spiritual leadership.
The secret of Start Right’s growth will be understanding the word of God and learning how to apply the word to our lives. Our emphasis will be on Starting right, Growing Right, and Staying right.
- At Start Right, the Kingdom of God is given first place. “…seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you.” Matt. 6:33. Here each member is encouraged to find the strength for his life by experiencing the saving power of God for himself.
- At Start Right, the spiritual growth of each member is prayerfully considered. The fellowship of prayer reaches out to all of its members, from the youngest to the oldest.
- At Start Right, the teaching program is strongly emphasized and training will be provided locally for all members. The pastor teaches a class in discipleship to strengthen members in their knowledge of what we believe and why.
- At Start Right, the message of holiness is preached and taught. We preach that we should “follow peace with all men, and holiness without which, no man shall see the Lord.” Hebrews 12:14. We preach that holiness must be an integral part of our daily lives at home, work, school, community, and church.
- At Start Right, we teach the Bible-supported means of support for the Church – tithes and offerings.